My Blog List

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Introduction email


Self Introduction

Dear Mr Brad,

I am writing this email with the intention to introduce myself as a student in your Technical
Communication class. My name is Nur Amirah Ilyana, an undergraduate who is pursuing a degree
in Telematics in Singapore Institute of Technology. I graduated with a diploma in Electrical
Engineering with Eco-Design from Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP).

My curiosity began during my internship in a company that deals with electronics. I conducted several tests with their robots. For example, "lift testing" whereby the robot was programmed in such a way that it will be able to detect lift doors and enter without using any controls. It was an amazing experience. From then on, I realised that this innovation is important. It makes me want to learn new things and want to invent things that will be useful in the future. Furthermore, this is one of the reasons why I chose telematics as it contains electrical engineering and information technology, skills that will help me pursue my goals.

Regarding my communication strengths, I am able to work well in groups and I am not shy to share my ideas. I am willing to hear everyone's opinions and take everything into consideration. 

However, my weakness is that I have difficulty with presentations. I tend to avoid eye contact with the audience and lose composure. I have difficulty in communicating with the people around me as my language is not good.

My goals for this course are to be confident with myself while presenting as well as interacting with people around me. I look forward to your technical communication classes.

Sincerely,

Nur Amirah Ilyana

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amirah,

    I think your self introduction is well written and it covers all the points mentioned by Prof Brad in a cohesive manner. The efficient paragraphing made the points clear for me to understand.

    I am rather intrigued regarding your points as to why you have an interest in innovation. It seems like your experience during your internship has left quite a positive impact.

    However, I personally feel that you could have elaborated more on your strengths and weaknesses. But other than that, everything else seems good.

    I look forward to reading more blog posts this trimester partner!

    Warmest Regards,
    Jauhar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amirah,

    I find that your Self Introduction has covered all the points required. It was really interesting especially the tests which you have conducted during your internship.

    I do think that you could elaborate more on your strengths and weaknesses.

    Let’s continue to learn and work together in this module to achieve our desired goals!

    Best Regards,

    Wei Hao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amirah,

    I hope you can talk more about your strength and weakness.

    I look forward to improve our presentation skills together.

    Warmest Regards,
    Chi Yang

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Amirah,

    Thank you for this clear, concise and fairly complete letter. As mentioned by other readers, you attend to all the areas of the assignment, and you give good detail on why you were inspired to pursue a degree in telematics. That internship experience, especially the 'lift testing' with robots, was obviously inspirational.

    For the communication strengths and weaknesses, you provide clear explanations. My only bone of contention is when you state that "my language is not good." That is relative, of course. I hope by the end of this module you have changed your viewpoint so as to realize that growth is always possible for each one of us.

    As for goals, (and your weakness) by now you probably know that we will be addressing presentation skills.

    I look forward to learning more from you this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete