My Blog List

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Reflection on TLM1010



The goals I had in mind at the start of this course were to be confident in myself while presenting as well as using proper English when interacting with the people around me. My first trimester was quite a rollercoaster ride. I learnt a lot of things that had benefited me a lot in a short period of time. Now, I am confident when interacting with people. When asked to do a pitch or share information, I can do so without getting nervous. Of course, there are still areas for improvement. With this, I gained knowledge and experience when working with different people.

When we were told that we have to choose a product for the presentation, I was excited yet nervous as I had to work with different people. Nonetheless, I am thankful that my group mates are easy to work with even though disagree at times. We managed to work together and present a good presentation. Even though our team was not selected for the showcase, I felt that it was still a good opportunity for me to know what my team and I are lacking, and I appreciate all the efforts they had put in to make this a great learning experience.

The presentation showcase was an eye-opening experience. I find that the products selected for the showcase were very interesting and relevant. I observed that presenting with correct body language, proper usage of words and the flow of the presenters play an important role. This is so that they could catch the audience’s attention easily. Through this, I can take away valuable experience and lessons and improve myself in the future.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amirah, for the detailed reflection. It's good to know that you feel like you achieved some of your goals and that the project work benefitted your communication sklills development. I'm also happy you found the showcase 'eye-opening.'

    It's been a pleasure working with you this term. All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete